Most e-Log sheets in the REFSS system contain fields that can record a problem at the time of submission, where "Corrective action" is needed to fix the issue.
Any submissions that contain some text in the “Corrective Action LATER” field of e-log sheets are flagged in the new REFSS system. These items are recorded as TASKS that can be commented on, tracked, and closed out once the fault has been rectified.
The Corrective Action section is unique to each site. To access this new feature, navigate to the "Summary Reporting" page first, then click on "View More" from the Non-Compliant tile, or depending on your login access level, from the left menu click on CA Management (Account Owner or Store Manager level). If there are any tasks in the list, a number will be displayed beside the menu item.
After a submission is made from a tablet/device, any "Corrective action LATER" text is detected by the REFSS system, and +1 is added to the total in the Non-Compliant tile.
Corrective Action Tasks are controlled/managed by the REFSS Account Owner or Store Manager. If you have "Account Owner" or "Store Manager" level access, you have full visibility and control over closing out any outstanding corrective action tasks.
Owner/Store managers can comment on a task for traceability, and once all details have been captured in the comments, it is highly recommend to use QUICK CLOSE when managing your Corrective Action Tasks (no further action required - generally this will be the case for most low-level non-compliant issues). Another option is to assign a task to other users / sub-accounts, however this is more complicated to manage - for a more detailed guide on assigning Corrective action tasks, click HERE
IMPORTANT: Corrective Action Close out module has now been ENABLED for all sites.
Corrective Action Task - Example
- A submission is made with "Corrective Action LATER" filled in
- REFSS detects the corrective action item; records it as a TASK and the Non-Compliant tile in the Data Capture Reporting page is incremented by 1
- The new Task appears in the Account Owner's Corrective Action Management page "To Do" list, as an Unassigned Task
Note: The menu items also count the number of active tasks - in this example, one task exists in the CA Management area.
- The Account Owner clicks "Actions" and chooses to either:
- Assign task to sub-user (not recommended at this stage)
- Quick close task - task is sent straight to the Closed list. This is recommended for minor non-compliant issues.
- Add Comments to aid the flow of the task
Comments should be entered for each CA task (Step 4c), and then "Quick Close Task" can be selected (step 4b)
- If adding a comment, this should be done first, and remember to click "Post" to save the comment
- If the Owner/Manager is happy with the fix, the task can be closed. Select Quick Close Task from the Actions button (Step 4b above)
- The task is then moved to the "Closed" tab for both Owner and Assignee.
Corrective Action Task - Flow Chart
Corrective action - Quick Close (click image to zoom)