After successfully adding and configuring your site, you now need to set up what you have and use within your site including:
To do this, login to the Wizard and either:
- select "My Sites" from the drop down list at the top of the screen and select the site/store you wish to populate.
- click the "Actions" button to the far right of the site you wish to edit, and select "Lists"
First, we will start with Staff
You can add staff members individually, or by uploading a bulk list of them. Click here for more information on bulk importing staff lists.
To add staff members individually:
In the left navigation menu, click on "Staff" (1), then click on "+Add" in the top right (2).
A form will now display, asking you to complete fields:
- Active on register: yes/no - this is vital to providing the staff member with the relevant information
- Employee code (optional)
- First name (required field)
- Surname (required field)
- Email address (optional)
- Phone number (optional)
After completing the fields for each staff member, click on "Save" and a new blank form will appear ready for you to enter the next staff member.
If you have completed adding all staff members, click on "Save and Exit".
On each successful staff member addition, you will see a confirmation screen:
Click "OK" to proceed - you will be shown a list of all employees that you have added to your site.
For more information about Staff, click here.
Cooked Products and Hot Food Storage Unit
Now it's time to add your Cooked Products
Firstly, select "Cooked Products and Hot food Storage Units" from the left navigation menu, and then click "+Add" in the top right.
You will now be shown a short form for completion:
- Product Name - a unique and internally identifiable name should be used
- Product Category - use the drop down box to select either Hot food storage units, Roast Chicken or Roast Meats and other cooked products (excluding chicken)
After completing the fields for each product, click on
- Save - the item will be saved and a new blank form will appear ready for you to enter the next product.
- Save and Duplicate - the item will be saved and the fields will not be cleared. Helpful if you have many of the same type of item to add
- Save and Exit - the item will be saved and you will be taken back to the list of cooked products.
HELPFUL HINT! - Make sure you add ALL cooked products!
It's important that you enter ALL cooked products prior to publishing your account. The equipment that you enter will automatically generate the required eLog sheets for your site:
- Hot food cooking and storage checks
- Hot food cooling validation
On each successful product addition, you will see a confirmation screen:
For more information about Cooked Products click here.
Now you are ready to add your site's Equipment
Select "Equipment" from the left navigation menu, and then click "+Add" in the top right.
A form will be shown with four fields which need to be completed:
- Elog Sheet: first select the elog sheet you would like to add the item to
- Department*: select the department where the equipment is located using the drop down list
- Equipment category: what sort of equipment are you entering using the drop down list
- Equipment type: after selecting your equipment category, various equipment types will be available in this drop down list relevant to the category you selected.
- Equipment name: a unique name for this piece of equipment, the same identifier you use in your site (eg. Fridge #1, Fridge-Left)
*Department - setting the eLog sheet Group to "StoreWide" will add the item to a generic version of the log sheet selected. Selecting a specific department will create a "department" version of the elog sheet. i.e. Selecting Deli will add the item to Deli - Daily Scales check. Click here for more information.
HELPFUL HINT - ORDER OF ENTRY!
The order that you add equipment will be the order that they will appear in on the elog sheet. When adding equipment we recommend you add them in the same sequence you are likely to check them in within your site.
For example, enter all equipment for each department in a logical order, prior to entering equipment for another department. Consider using your existing log sheets as a reference.
If you mix up the order, don't worry - you can also re-order the items manually. Click here to read how to do this.
The order that you use in this section will be transferred directly into all log sheets, forms and reporting that you use throughout the system. This means it is critical that it is logical for not only you, but also for your staff.
After completing the fields for each piece of equipment, click on "Save" and a new blank form will appear ready for you to enter the next equipment item.
If you have similar items to add, try clicking "Save and Duplicate" - this will save the item, while keeping the fields populated with the previous information, so you don't have to re-select the same things over and over.
If you have completed adding all equipment, click on "Save and Exit".
HELPFUL HINT! - Make sure you add ALL equipment!
It's important that you enter ALL equipment prior to publishing your account. The equipment that you enter will automatically generate the required eLog sheets for your site:
- Scales - daily scales check
- Fridge/freezer - temperate checks
- Temp Guns and Probes - weekly calibration checks
On each successful equipment addition, you will see a confirmation screen:
Click "OK" to proceed - you will be shown a list of all equipment that you have added to your site, sorted by department.
For more information about Equipment, click here.
Finally, it's time to add your Suppliers
You can also add Suppliers individually, or by uploading a bulk list of them. Click here for more information on bulk importing Supplier lists.
To add suppliers individually:
Select "Supplier" from the left navigation menu, and then click "+Add" in the top right.
You will now be given a form to complete, with four different supplier types:
- Food - these suppliers will be used in your goods inward log sheet against "Supplier Name"
- Transport - these suppliers will be used in your Goods Inward log sheet against "Transport Company".
IMPORTANT: Even though you are able to choose multiple types, please choose just one type for each supplier. If you have a supplier that supplies multiple services for you, we recommend adding the supplier twice (or three times), but with a slightly different name.
- Name = Supplier1
Type = Food
- Name = Supplier1 Transport
Type = Transport
Three default suppliers are already included in your account -
- Metcash Non-Perishable
- Metcash Perishable
- Metcash Liquor
Please note that these metcash suppliers cannot be edited or deleted.
After entering the supplier name and selecting their type, click on "Save" and a new blank form will appear ready for you to enter the next supplier. Or you could also click "Save and Duplicate" which will save the supplier and also keep the fields populated - handy if you have similar suppliers to add.
If you have completed adding all suppliers, click on "Save and Exit".
On each successful supplier addition, you will see a confirmation screen:
Click "OK" to proceed - you will be shown a list of all equipment that you have added to your site, sorted by name.
For more information about Suppliers, click here.
After completing the lists, it is now time to publish your eLog Sheets. Click 'Publish eLog Sheets' option on the left menu.
It will open up a box on the screen with the list of all the elog Sheets. Click 'Select All' checkbox at the top and 'Publish' button at the bottom. It will 30 secs to publish all the logsheets.
You can now Add and Activate A Device