Note: Each number corresponds to the step number in the REFSS Setup Wizard User guide.
1. A. Create your user account
- The email (username) used to register the account must be a real email address (and also needs to be unique on our system, as it is used as the username) – you need to be able to check this email – this is because when you create the account an email is sent to this address to verify the account
- Check the verification email sent to the registered email address. You will need to click on the link supplied in the email, which will then open the login page, so you can log in without issues.
Note: Make sure, after creating any account, the user (store owners) make a note of the username (email) and password for the account.
1. B. Add a site to your Master Login Account
- Metcash/Foodworks account number: Make sure to have the account number handy so you can fill it in at the Site details page
- Single site or Multi site: select “Multi site” if the site you are adding details for is part of Multi Store Operation (MSO). Otherwise select Single site.
- For IGA – NSW stores, Metcash training academy number is optional (not mandatory)
- Site email – this email can be the same as the login email, or different. This email is used for ALL correspondence relating to the site in question. Additional sites in the same MSO can also have the same site email across all sites if one person manages them all, or they can have different emails.
2. Configure Site
- Risk system tab: Each site will have 1, 2, or 3 licenses included in their bundle, depending on the size of the store. If any additional licenses are needed (if the store plans on connecting more devices than included licenses), they can purchase additional licenses – enter the number of additional licenses in the first box. If no extra licenses are required, leave as “0”
- E-log sheets:
- Recommended – untick all the cleaning e – log sheets for the initial set up. Users can add these at a later stage if needed.
- There are 2 variations for the Goods inwards log sheet – select only 1
- Goods inwards only is a basic Goods inwards log sheet complying to Food Safety requirements
- Goods Inwards with Invoice and Pallets contains extra fields for Pallet information
- There are 2 variations for the Hot food Cooking log sheet – select only 1
- Hot Food Cooking and Storage Temperature Check is a basic log sheet complying to Food Safety requirements
- Hot Food Cooking Production and Timed Storage Temperature Check contains extra fields for tracking storage and removal of hot food items.
- Key staff: Key staff names will be used to populate the Food safety plan. Any departments that do not have a key staff member, enter “N/A”
3. Populate store lists
- Make sure no duplicate items are added to any of the lists. This will cause the e-log sheet to show up with an error on the device later.
- At least ONE item required in each list
- Staff and Supplier lists: If only a few items need to be entered, just add individually using the “Add” button in the top right corner. If many items need to be entered, you can use Bulk upload function –
- Staff: Click on Staff in the left menu, then in the top right corner, click bulk actions > download template
- The first and surname are required, other info is optional
- Fill in the rows and save the file. Back in the setup wizard, click Bulk actions > import list and upload the file you saved
- Supplier: Click on Supplier in the left menu, in the top right corner, click bulk actions > download template
- The Supplier name is required, along with ONE type of supplier (food/transport)
- Each supplier needs to have a type – choose either FOOD or TRANSPORT. Leave other columns blank
Notice how Food Supplier has “Food” entered in the food column, and nothing else, and Transport Supplier has “Transport” entered in the Transport column. All other cells in the row are blank.
- Fill in the rows and save the file (export supplier list from store’s payment system, or similar). Back in the setup wizard, click Bulk actions > import list and upload the file you saved
- Cooked Products: enter at least ONE Hot food storage item (e.g. Roast Chicken)
- Recommended: select “Storewide” for all equipment
- For common equipment items, use “Save and duplicate” – this saves the item, while retaining the same options to reuse. Handy if you need to update the Equipment name only.
- For Refrigeration/freezer items, extra fields may be created for items, depending on the size of the unit selected. These will be numbered <Equipment Name> 1, <Equipment Name> 2, etc, so avoid using Equipment names with numbers in them. If you do, this will translate into a field with a name Fridge 1 1, Fridge 1 2 etc.
- Putting list items in order (for Cooked Product/Supplier/Equipment list items)
- Click on the list you want to reorder, and click the yellow “Order” button - top right
- For Equipment list, expand the eLog sheet you need to reorder.
- Click and drag the cross with arrow ends, to the position you want, then let go
- IMPORTANT: For any changes to lists (adding new items, reordering, renaming etc), make sure you re-publish elog sheets to push the changes through to the tablet.
4. Add a Device (Tablet)
- When adding a device name, give it a simple name – i.e. Device 1. This will need to be typed in later when configuring the device.
5. Build eLog Sheets
- Select All elog sheets when publishing for the first time. This is required when assigning the elog sheets to a device
6. Application Installation on the device
- Call IGL support on (03) 9001 1568 to fast track the device approval